Polycarbonate Skylight Roofsheeting
Perfect for industrial, residential, greenhouse, and skylight use. Architects value its non-corrosive structural cladding, while homeowners adore its DIY versatility. Choose from a range of colors and profiles. Backed by a 10-year guarantee, NATRALITE® redefines roofing excellence.
- Features and Benefits
- Sheet Options
- Light Transmission
- Installation guidelines
- Cleaning & Maintenance
- Energy saving
- Damage and impact resistant
- Lightweight and easy to handle
- Weather resistant
- Co-extruded UV protection
- Excellent fire performance
- Chemical resistance
- Match any metal roof profile
- Limited warranty
- Sidelights & Rooflights
- Garden Centers
- Industrial Warehouses
- Do-It-Yourself (DIY)
- Swimming Pools
|IBR 686||Clear , White, Bronze|
|Corrugated 6.5||Clear , White, Bronze|
|Corrugated 10.5||Clear , White, Bronze|
|Big 6||Clear , White,|
Storage & sheet preparation
- Store sheets on a flat surface. Use an opaque cover, tightly secured, to protect from wind, rain and sun. Storage is always preferable indoors.
- Ensure that the clearly marked UV protected surface of the Obsidian roof sheet is to the outside.
- Obsidian roof sheets must always be installed with the corrugation running vertically, or up-slope.
- Roofs should always be designed with a minimum slope of 5° to allow adequate rainwater run-off.
- Natralite roof sheet can be cut with a fine-tooth circular saw or hand saw at a shallow angle.
Thermal movement & fixing
Important – polycarbonate sheet will expand in the heat and contract in the cold.
- When drilling fixing holes, they must be oversized to allow the sheet to move.
- Fixing holes should be drilled 6mm greater in diameter than the fixing shank for sheet lengths up to 2m and an additional 3mm per additional meter length of sheet. E.g. for a 4m long sheet, holes should be over drilled by 12mm
- Fixings must not be overtightened, again this allows the natural movement of the sheet and will avoid unnecessary damage to the sheet.
- Natralite roof sheet must be isolated from plastisol and flexible PVC paints and coatings using an aluminium barrier tape.
- If installing onto fibre cement sheets, ensure that all dust created when drilling holes is removed.
- In line with the fibre cement manufacturer’s guidelines, it is critical that sealing tapes are used when installing rooflights. The sealing tape isolates the polycarbonate from incompatibility issues with coatings, helps to compensate for differences in thickness and reduces the risk of damage from surface roughness or pressure points.
- Ensure that all sealants and tapes are compatible with Polycarbonate.
- All accessory products should be light coloured, preferably white.
- Sheets which span up to two purlin spacings are of optimum length to cope with thermal movement.
- Maximum recommended sheet length for Natralite roofsheeting is 4m.
When installing any roofing material, including rooflights, ensure that safe working methods are adopted and appropriate safety equipment is used.
As a condition of ensuring that Obsidian roof sheets perform at optimum throughout their service life and retain light transmission properties, it is recommended that the sheets be cleaned periodically using suitable household cleaning agents as follows:
- Use lukewarm water to rinse the sheet and soften dirt.
- Make up a solution of lukewarm water and ordinary household cleaner or a mild soap and use this to wash the sheet.
- A sponge or soft cloth should then be used to gently remove dirt and grime.
- The cleaning process should then be repeated and the sheet rinsed and dried with a soft cloth.
Care should be taken to observe the following precautions:
- Do not scrub Obsidian roof sheeting with brushes or sharp instruments as the sheet will mark easily.
- Never steam clean, use low pressures for pressure washing.
- Avoid any abrasives or cleaners of a highly alkaline composition.
- It is generally advisable in all instances to test any cleaner on a sample piece of the Obsidian roof sheet first and it should also be remembered that cleaners and solvents which state that they are suitable for cleaning polycarbonate may not be safe for use on the UV protective surface of the panels.